The Right Paint
- It’s important to select the correct paint to suit the purpose, the surface your painting and your lifestyle.
- It’s also important to use premium paints for washability and durability.
- Colour cards and magazines are great for inspiration but having expert advice that understands how a colour goes on and looks in different light can help you avoid colour errors.
- A professional opinion can also give you inspiration about where to inject a feature colour in your home or business.
- This is a step that is often forgotten or underestimated. Creating a perfect base is a essential for a quality finish that will last. Before you even get to an undercoat all surfaces need to be sanded and blemishes, gaps and holes filled.
- Masking the area properly is also essential. A professional painter will ensure the is done correctly to avoid paint seeping - for example paint running out onto windows or lighting switches.
- Particularly in heritage homes you need to understand whether there is asbestos or lead paint prior to sanding. Without professional advice this can be hard to detect.
- An experience professional painter can achieve a higher quality outcome in less time simply because they’ve practiced - and in the case of MRM a lot of it.
- Using a professional lets you minimise the disruption to your home or business.
- Add the cost of buying materials and you might not save as much as you think, and risk the quality of the finish.